Danny Caro's Prem Div TOTS
Here are my star MGBSFL men from the top-flight for season 2013/14.
1. JAKE DOFFMAN (NL Raiders A) - Only 12 goals conceded in his first season at the club. Kept his side in games on numerous occasions and played every minute of the campaign.
2. JAKE RINSLER (Brady Maccabi A) - "his first season in men’s football and he showed what a great prospect he is who is so quick enabling him to recover lost ground easily"
3. ARI NEVIES (Hendon A) - "been ever present in central defence all year partnering Josh Lipman and Alex Rosenthal . Superb improvement from last year and I simply cannot remember one error all year. Great pace and awareness and an altogether fantastic season".
4. DAVID RHODES (NL Raiders A) - Imperious skipper at the heart of the NLR defence. Enjoyed his best year at the club in his testimonial season. Led by example week in, week out.
5. SAM JACOBSON (Oakwood A) - "has turned into a player we can't do without. Unbelievably injured in CA semi, PM quarter and PM final. Cruel luck".
6. BRADLEY WINE (Oakwood A) - "Developed into Oakwood’s talisman. His performances in the Peter Morrison Trophy were “unbelievable”. The season ended too soon given form he was in".
7. ARI LAST (Hendon A) - "An incredibly consistent year and since taking over from Josh Lipman as club skipper in February, he has been on a one-man mission to ensure top quality team performances week in, week out on the march towards the treble. Strong in the air, strong on the ground and has been a massive presence as leader of the strongest midfield in Jewish football. Has had a magnificent season".
8. GREG CORIN (Hendon A) - "Contributed in the region of 70 assists of the team’s 102 goals in all competitions this season. “Undoubtedly the most creative and naturally skillful player there has been this season and an inspiration to all around him"/
9. ADAM STOLERMAN (Redbridge A) - the biggest ray of light on what was a hugely frustrating season for all in the RJC A team camp. A constant threat in front of goal and a central figure in their good early-season run.
10. YOAV KESTENBAUM (Hendon A) - "surely one of the most talented players in the league. Yoav has come on bundles this year scoring huge goals (two late goals against Camden when 1-0 down with five minutes to go will live long in the memory plus crucial second against Norstar in cup final) and numerous assists. As strong as an ox and has emerged as one of our most dangerous players this year. Takes on players for fun and glides past as if not there"
11. MATT STOCK (NL Raiders A) - "there’s not much to say about Stocky that hasn’t already been said. Scored the first goal of the season and continued to dazzle the crowds from that point forward finishing with 16 goals and numerous assists."