Danny Caro's Most Improved TOTS
This lucky XI came on in leaps and bounds in MGBSFL season 2013/14.
1. DAN COHEN (Oakwood A) - "His first game he made couple of big mistakes but in second half of season he's been outstanding. Forget the mistake re south his performance in the two recent hendon games has been of a very high level".
2. GIDEON CHAIN (L’Equipe) - "Struggled to get in the team at the beginning of the season but battled, worked hard and by the end of the season was our starting right back and part of a very solid defence".
3. RICHARD GOLD (Redbridge Jewish Care B) - "Very solid performer , capable of playing equally as well at left back or centre back".
4. MATT NIMAN (Redbridge Jewish Care B) - "Minimum fuss, just kept his head down and what he lacked in stature, made up with his technical ability and positional sense"
5. STUART HARING (FC Team B) - "made vast improvements from the start of this season and was a mainstay of what was a pretty solid back four in the end"
6. ARI NEVIES (Hendon A) - "been ever present in central defence all year partnering Josh Lipman and Alex Rosenthal . Superb improvement from last year and I simply cannot remember one error all year. Great pace and awareness and an altogether fantastic season".
7. JOE MEISEL (Jewdinese) - worked his socks off week in, week out, chased lost causes, accurate passing, strong in the tackle. Every team needs one of these.
8. DARREN HAHN (Woodford Wanderers) - "Living in the shadows of older brother Mitch cannot be easy, but Darren decided to put on the boots for the very first time this season! At the tender age of 22, Darren is an old 'rookie' and quickly adapted to mens football. Darren is a deceptively strong midfielder who is intelligent and will not give that ball away".
9. BEN HENRY (Southgate Harmen) - "started the season looking like he may be a bit weak for this league but his wonder goal against Woodford seemed to make him grow and his confidence brought him on leaps and bounds towards the end of the season. Shin splints held him back but is definitely going to have defenders worried for years to come".
10. DANIEL GARFINKEL (Hendon B) - arguably the most potent striker in the league since the turn of the year. Guided the team to Wingate and an A-team star in the making
11. NICK HARINGMAN (NL Raiders C) - "has come on leaps and bounds this season and has taken his game to the next level. Has become a genuine threat in front of goal in addition to his ability to threaten".