Danny Caro's Quote of the Week: March 9
Unlucky to have missed out on the top managerial gong, Dan Cordell of L'Equipe received special praise from the JC panel of judges for the result, clean sheet and this quote after overcoming Division Three title favourites NLR C.
Cordell told JC Sport: "It was also such a sweetener for the team after the papers wrote us off and the NLR manager claiming it would be easy to keep Fogey quiet to take the three points in such dramatic fashion.
"I think it goes to show that form is temporary but class is permanent and if the Raiders boss thought he could keep him quiet for two games he was very much mistaken.
"Not to take anything away from Fogey's goal, but it was a true team performance that earned the three points and I am sure all the lads are feeling the aches today – bring on Masters football!"
BEST OF THE REST
- David Garbacz (Hendon A) - "we're all in trouble with our wives - we've missed all our Sunday night engagements but we got the win to make it all worthwhile"
- Ben Polak (Oakwood B) - "A draw was a fair result on reflection, but I can't help feeling dissapointed that we didn't finish Bilbaum off earlier in the game - as you know 1-0 is the second most dangerous scoreline in football after 2-0"
- Ric Blank (Oakwood A) - QUOTE 1 - "Camden are a good side and it's a shame they're relegated, but I hope they stick together and come straight back up. It's good seeing a new team, with young lads giving it a go on a Sunday"
- Ric Blank (Oakwood A) - QUOTE 2 - "Harvey deserves special mention for first ever Oakwood goal. That it was a mishit cross is neither here nor there. We'll take it!"
- Tony Charles (Woodford) - "We weren't happy with some decisions and if the opposition 'nicked' a last minute goal as described, they would've been right - it would have been theft!"