Danny Caro's Quote of the Week: December 15
AC Whetstone stepped up on Matchday 16 of the MGBSFL, and so did joint-manager Clive Nathan.
Speaking after the win over Faithfold, he told JC Sport: "I explained to the boys that this is what Maccabi football is all about. A big night out on Saturday then a muddy battle on Sunday morning followed by bagels and a kip on the sofa. It's all part of their learning curve as they move into manhood"
- David Garbacz (Hendon A) - "I've just heard the other results today which could not have gone any better and we go into the break still unbeaten in all domestic competitions and ready to launch an almighty assault on all three trophies in 2014"
- Joe Levy (AC Mill Hill) - "Credit to Faithfold who look a much better unit than at the beginning of the season"
- Adam Glekin (Hendon C) - "I can't imagine there have been many better goals scored in 2013 than that. Both our goals were magnificent, Ezra's would've been in with a shout of GOTW, but I think David has denied him that!"
- Dan Cordell (L'Equipe) - "I must also give credit to the three subs that Crown made – they came on and changed the game and only the King Crown manager will know why they didn’t start as they were their best players by quite some way"
- Sam Huglin (London Haroldeans) - "The fact that we have taken four points out of six off FC Team B, an established team, in our first season is an achievement in itself"
- Ian Tussie (Oakwood B) - QUOTE 1 - "The Sollosi brothers tore us a collective new one and they attacked at will, we simply couldn't deal with them"
- Ian Tussie (Oakwood B) - QUOTE 2 - "I've had the dreaded vote of confidence from the board earlier this morning. I asked for money to spend in the window but they told me I'd have to make do with the players I have at my disposal. I'm even considering recalling the currently absent-with-leave David Epstein"
- Dan Gordon (Faithfold C) - "Noah Bier - a 16-year-old centre-back - is by far the best defender in this league; he reads the game so well and plays the game like he has been playing men's football for 10 years not 6 months. A truly great defender"
- Jake Erlich (Jewdinese) - "I understand that a game can get heated during 90 minutes, but after the match once players having shaken hands then it should be forgotten. I think three or four Norstar players need to focus on their football rather than let their ego get the better of then. Were in the MSFL not UFC"