Danny Caro's Goal of the Week: December 15
The final piece of action of 2013 featured something really special - Jonny Kaye whipped a 40-yard hard cross-field ball towards Don Nineberg who let the ball drop over his shoulder before volleying first time across the keeper. That's why they call him the Don!
- Guy Belot (Brixton) - after a Hendon corner - Matt Perlman picked up the ball in his half and darted down the line, going past a number of Hendon tackles. After whipping in a wide cross for Sean Ekon the chance looked a miss. However, Sean crossed it back in and Perlman managed to get a flick. The ball bounced up 30 yards from goal, and Belot hit it on the half-volley, lobbing the keeper. An excellent team goal with an excellent finish
- Sean Ekon (Brixton A) - solo effort - beat three players and a left-foot wonder strike from 30 yards, the Hendon keeper didn't even move!
- Michael Kenley (Brady A) - superb volley from 12 yards after a great cross from Ben Joseph
- David James Cohen (FC Team C) - a peach of a free-kick, voluptuous and curvy. Won't see many better
- Josh Jacobs (Loughton) - a long ball over the top from Adam Conway put Jacobs through on goal and he brilliantly chipped the keeper to seal a deserved victory
- Sam Castle (Southgate Harmen) - Jordan Grant tackled the Blancos winger and burst off playing the ball into Sam Castle's feet. Sam, with one touch, flicked it through the Blancos defenders legs to Ben Kay who ran on to it and passed it back to Castle after he spun the defender and took on anther defender and slotted it home coolly for his fouth of the day
- Ezra Dulberg (Hendon C) - he returning Saul Cohen slipped the ball through to Ezra Dulberg, and from 30 yards out and at an angle he produced a delightful chip over the onrushing Fortune keeper
- David Elf (Hendon C) - a loose ball broke to David Elf fully 40 yards out. With his trusty left foot, he could not have struck his shot any sweeter, with the ball swerving over the Fortune keeper and right into the top corner - a goal truly worthy of winning any game
- Richard Fogelman (L'Equipe) - skinning two defenders and rifling a top corner screamer
- Jon Kay (L'Equipe) - his first goal for the club - delicious chip over the Crown keeper into the top corner