Danny Caro's Quote of the Week: November 3
This week's winner is no stranger to the JC Quote of the Week section.
WINNER: Ian Tussie (Oakwood B) - "In the summer I felt like Moses having led the boys to The Promised Land, but after a difficult start it's time to be more like Noah and save the animals from the storm"
- David Garbacz (Hendon A) - "We have not gone far in this competition in recent seasons, but there is genuine belief that this year we can go on a good run and who knows where that might take us"
- David Garson (Faithfold C) "To lose in the last 30 seconds was harsh in what was a well contested game. However, we know if we play like we did in the first half the results will come"
- Dan Curtis (Loughton Orient) - "We started slowly today but confidence grew and we know we can play good football when we concentrate on our own game and let the hand brake off. That was my message to the lads at half time and they came out in the second half and every player was up for it"
- Jon Jacobs (Redbridge B) - "It is not the team that will win a league in Jewish football but the squad. Today, we had our regular keeper - Matt Kemp - at centre back, Daniel Jacobs made his first start for over two years and 53-year-old father of four Pete Sollosi joined two of his sons on the pitch for the last 25 minutes
- Clive Nathan (AC Whetstone) - "What I was pleased with is that we continued to try to play decent football and showed respect to the referee throughout the game. That's very important to this club and always will be"
- Mitch Young (FC Team A) - "Overall a draw was a fair result, although I have to be disappointed to lose given we took the lead in the 92nd minute"
- Phil Peters (NLR A) - "I don’t think I’ve ever felt happier about three points in all my years managing in Jewish football, nor have I ever felt my heart pound so fast"
- Darren Lawrence (Jewdinese) - "I was also pleased with the maturity levels and respect shown by the team. When the game got heated, we stayed focused on the task at hand"
- Ric Blank (Oakwood A) - "I have a fantastic group of lads at my disposal at this club and I don't take that for granted. But now we need to come together, put the team first, get a result against Camden and start climbing up that league table"
- Jonathan Adelman (NLR B) - "We promised Danny Bloom that we’d give him the best wedding present today so I’m delighted that he and Melissa could tie the knot free from any guilt about arranging their nuptials mid-season!"