Olim League round-up: October 27

October 29, 2013

There were wins for Athletico Jerusalem, MS Bambi, Aviv City and Jerusalem in the latest round of Olim League matches.


Athletico Jerusalem used the one-week break to their advantage and produced and inspired performance against defending champions England FC.

A solid start was capped with a well-taken third minute goal by Yonathan Journo. He was forced off five minutes later with a leg injury which makes him doubtful for this week’s game against Jaffa.

England were clearly stunned by the goal but worked themselves back into the game. The equalised in the 16th minute when Elliot Hollander scored.

The first half saw little to separate the teams, with the Athletico defence and midfield neutralizing England’s threat in a contest littered with yellow cards, and a half-time score of 1-1 seemed a fair reflection on the game.

The turning point came in the 52nd minute when Yoni Sidi was sent off for his second yellow card after deliberately handling the ball when the last defender. England however were initially the more inspired of the teams and won a penalty three minutes later. Motti Colman took the penalty and slotted in the rebound.

Athletico were still in control of the game and soon made their man advantage count. TJ broke free in the 60th minute to equalise and then a well worked move saw captain Carlos M cross to the far post were Ben Russo headed past a beaten keeper.

Chaim Lev completed the win and made sure that Athletico would win their first points of the campaign with a well-taken 75th minute goal.

Athletic moved off the bottom place and now look forward to the big bottom of the table clash at home to Jaffa



A first-half strike from Aviiv Zemer helped new boys Bambi beat league leaders Raanana in a physical encounter.

Bambi dominated possession and sent countless long balls over the Raanana defence to their lone striker.

Following the goal there were plenty of heated moments but thanks to good refereeing things didn’t boil over.

MS Bambi manager Yoni Sarig said: "We have done extremely well to rise to the top of the league and we will look to maintain our position until the end."



A treble from Omri Enckaoua helped Modiin FC continue their impressive start to the season with a 4-1 victory over Jaffa.

Modiin started an attack straight from the kick off and immediately won a free-kick when Joni Reiner was brought down on the edge of the area. Enckaoua stepped up and rifled the ball into the back of the net.

A goal to the good, Modiin were in command and midway through the first half, Matan Kroizer went on a superb run down the right wing and pulled the ball back to Enckaoua, who controlled and then effortlessly curled the ball into the top left hand corner to make it 2-0.

Modiin continued dominating play in the second half with some great one-touch football. Reiner was pulling the strings up top and played and exquisite through ball to Kroizer who finished neatly in the bottom right hand corner.

Jaffa were not going to lie down and with 20 minutes to go won a penalty which Nir Hacohen scored with aplomb.

Modiin responded immediately as Enckaoua completed his hat-trick with an unbelievable free kick from 25 yards which smashed into the stanchion and restored Modiin's three-goal lead.

Modiin Co-manager David Bruce was delighted with his team's performance. "Omri was outstanding tonight," he said. "He controlled the game and scored a hat-trick that will likely win first, second and third place in goal of the month. We are really starting to gel as a team and have high hopes for silverware this season."


Aviv City turned the formbook on its head to finish in seventh heaven against Real Jerusalem.

Accumulating only one out of possible six points, Aviv City FC, coached by veteran manager Uri Schneider, desperately needed a victory. With home advantage for the first time this season, City started strongly and they were rewarded with the first goal after 15 minutes when new Jonathan Friedman made a run through the centre dribbling past two Jerusalem defenders and fired into the top left-hand corner of the goal from just outside the area.

Aviv continued pressing, while Real Jerusalem were playing on the counter-attack, but it was the home side who doubled their lead after 35 minutes when forward Peter Emolla provided a low cross from the right side that left midfielder Ariel Peretz in front of an open goal.

Real Jerusalem were not going to give up easily and they pulled one back on the stroke of half time with a stunning free-kick.

Aviv City dominated the second half and the all-important third goal came when star midfielder Alya perfectly executed a free kick which went into the far low left of Jerusalem's goal.

A few minutes later, Peter Emolla made another break down the left wing, passed the ball to Lior Shoham who in turn passed it back to Ariel Peretz who converted a powerful shot.

Aviv's avalanche continued. Danger man Emolla made yet another cross from the left side that was headed down by Uri Schneider towards Lior Shoham who scored a beautiful bicycle kick to make it 5-1.

The hosts were not yet finished and Alya scored again just 4 minutes later. Real Jerusalem did not give up hope and the resultant free-kick was curled home from the edge of the box after a foul from Aviv's defender Daan Bakker.

Real Jerusalem went in search of more goals but they found the Aviv keeper in inspired form.

The final goal was worth the wait as Aviv's left back - Solo - lived up to his name and finished with a low shot from 20 yards into the bottom corner.

Aviv City's manager Uri Schneider was pleased with his team's performance and the boost it will provide his team ahead of their important away game against Raanana next week.


Zack Lewis was the hat-trick hero as Jerusalem won a five-goal thriller against Ashdod.

Unbeaten Ashdod started brightest in the capital. After 15 minutes they deservedly took the lead with a great strike from outside the area. A few minutes later, 2-0 to Ashdod thanks to a defensive error.

Jerusalem then piled on the pressure, doing everything but score. Lewis came closest, being denied by the woodwork.

2-0 down at half time, Jerusalem changed tactics, pulling one back two minutes after the interval as Lewis converted Zneimer's through ball.

Lewis equalised from the spot on the hour after being brought down in the area. Ashdod had an effort ruled out a few minutes later after the ball was punched into the goal.

Lewis sealed the points with 15 minutess to go after great pass from Daniel Cohen. There were some ugly scenes in the last 10 minutes as Ashdod players lost their heads, prompting a mini brawl, resulting in two red cards.

Jerusalem held on for deserved win and great fightback to leapfrog Ashdod and move up to third. Whilst plaudits go to Lewis for a second consecutive hat-trick, special praise goes to Zneimer, Cohen and Yoel Finchas.

Jerusalem: Aron Luftig; David Preston, Dan Kosky, Natan Wiesenberg, Yoel Finchas; Akiva Zneimer, Raffy Wreschner, Gav Krieger, Amit Dinowitz; Dan Cohen, Zack Lewis Subs: Calev Ben-Dor, Eli Warner, Yigal Grayeff


GK - Eyal Younger (MS Bambi)
D - Solo (Aviv City)
D - Martin Lange (Modiin)
D - Esi Bildisola (Athletico)
D - Yoel Finches (Jerusalem)
M - Carlos Mazzini (Athletico)
M - Alya (Aviv City)
M - Ariel Peretz (Aviv City)
S - Omri Enchaoua (Modiin)
S - Zac Lewis (Jerusalem)
S - Bar Bloomberg (MS Bambi)
Manager: Daniel Tarlow (Athletico)

Last updated: 4:30pm, October 29 2013