Danny Caro's Quote of the Week: October 13
There were some absolute pearlers in MGBSFL post-match press conferences, but a new face stepped up to the plate on a day when his team gave absolutely everything.
WINNER: Jonathan Ison (Los Blancos) - "We beat the league leaders in every department of the pitch today, and continuing to play as we did today, other teams in the league should watch out as we are just starting to click into gear"
- Jon Jacobs (Redbridge JC B) - "Opta stats gave us 98 per cent possession, we just need to work on the other two per cent!"
- Ricky Lawrence (SPEC FC) - "There are some Sunday mornings when everything goes the way you planned. There are some Sunday mornings where you have to schlep to Essex, get soaking wet and lose 4-1"
- Adam Luria (Catford & Bromley) - "Jewdinese certainly gave us our toughest test of the season - they are a very good team - but we have the belief that we can now get a result from any game"
- Zuriel Solomon (Faithfold A) - "Oakwood are a big physical team and they will get results sooner rather than later. They miss a potent striker and when they get one I think they will be very dangerous"
- Ric Blank (Oakwood A) - QUOTE 1 - "The chances we missed were criminal, but I cannot fault the application and commitment of all the players"
- Ric Blank (Oakwood A) - QUOTE 2 - "Faithfold are a really good side and though they've beaten us twice they'll be grateful they don't have to play us again. We hope to get another crack at them in the cups sooner rather than later"
- Rob Richman (NL Raiders A) - QUOTE 1 - "Phil is actually my hero. I should have resigned years ago!"
- Rob Richman (NL Raiders A) - QUOTE 2 - "FC Team are a top side and one of the most effective in the division: 10 of the 11 that started were in the side that beat defending champions Faithfold a few weeks ago and kept a clean sheet in the process
- David Gordon (FC Team B) - "The way we fought right to the end and claimed the draw felt like a victory and there was a great positivity in the changing room after the game. I hope that those last five minutes can be a turning point for the rest of the season"
- Sam Castle (Southgate Harmen) - "Some players may feel we didn’t get the rub of the green on Sunday morning, but this happens. I am sure during the season we will also get our fair share of decisions"
- Ian Tussie (Oakwood B) - "In conditions more befitting our opponent's name we lost a game that looking back we should really have won"