Danny Caro's Division 2 Team of the Season
Here is our representative team from Division Two of the JC MSFL.
1. JOSH COHEN (Los Blancos) - in his final season with Blancos before making the dream move to Israel, 'JC' has arguably had his best-ever season in the MSFL. There is no doubt that without JC Los Blancos would not have been challenging for the title. His command of the area is superb and his shot-stopping is second to none and he is highly regarded as one of the top keepers currently in the MSFL, if not the best". Nominated by several teams and edged out rivals Sam Singer and Simon Roth for the gloves in our star-studded line-up
2. LAURENCE ROSENTHAL (SPEC FC) - "remarkably, has played in in every minute of every game this season and had a massive impact on SPEC’s fine defensive play including the divisional record for most clean sheets. Rosenthal is best known for his aerial ability, positional play, commitment and outstanding attitude. His excellent performances and leadership resulted in him being asked to captain the side for the end of season run in"
3. SCOTT BENSON (Brady Maccabi B) - "been great all season and scored first goal for club from left back"
4. ADAM LEVENE (North West Neasden B) - already snapped up by Blizzard Storm next season, Levene was nominated by several clubs after an excellent season where he reminded everyone of the qualities and experience that made him such a household name in the Premier Division
5. ADAM BIER (Athletic Bilbaum) - " a stalwart for the Baums in the centre of the park for three seasons now and once again proved his importance with a string of tireless and dogged performances both in midfield and defence during an injury hit second half of the season"
6. BEN BELL (Athletic Bilbaum) - "bagged 10 goals from the wing (our second highest scorer), many at key moments, and often proved to be too much for defenders with his strong mazy runs and close control"
7. DAN HARROD (Brady Maccabi B) - "Central midfield maestro. Pulls the strings and sets the tempo of our play. Not afraid to put his foot in and his range of passing is extraordinary, contributing to double figure assists this year. Once he adds goals he will become the complete midfielder"
8. MARC HECHT (SPEC FC) - "has been the heartbeat of the SPEC midfield combining a rare mix of expert defensive midfield positioning with attacking prowess and flair. Hecht has juggled man-of-the-match performances in SPEC’s promotion push with training and running the London marathon. There is no doubt that this Scottish midfield dragon would get into any side in any division"
9. JOSH GAON (Los Blancos) - "summer signing established himself as a commanding figure in the centre of midfield. His bursting runs from deep and strength on the ball has been invaluable, notching up seven goals this season. His penalties aren’t too bad either"
10. ADAM HERSH (Los Blancos) - "top-scorer and manager, has had his most prolific season for the club despite having to lead the line as a lone striker for large chunks of the season and carrying the burden of being the gaffer. One of the most experienced players in the squad, he has helped push the club on to greater things in his first season as manager and is an inspiration to the younger players at the club. His all-round game is faultless, and his impressive scoring tally includes everything from scrappy finishes in the six-yard box to bicycle kick screamers. His pace has made him a pest for all defenders - playing off the last man for much of the season. His coolness under pressure making him a nuisance for goalkeepers
11. REISS MOGILNER (Brady Maccabi B) - "Last year’s Young Player of the Season and like Gareth Bale he grew even better this year. Not a bad return of 31 goals from a left sided midfielder. Reiss has every attribute to help carry this young Brady team to the Premier League"
MANAGERS: JOSH DAGUL & JONNY MELTZER (Brady Maccabi B)