Danny Caro's MSFL Goal of the Week: March 3
There were some absolute 'worldies' that flew into the onion bag on Matchday 25 of the JC MSFL season but it's safe to say that in terms top top tekkers, this was the pick of the bunch.
WINNER: SAM CASTLE (Southgate Harmen) - a 40-yard wonder strike. The minute he hit it you knew there was only one place it would end up. Top bins. Take a bow son!
- Aryeh Marks (Blancos) - superbly improvised to hook in a loose ball over the SPEC keeper with his back to goal
- James Gold (Lions B) - GOAL 1 - picked the ball up from the half way line on the right wing, took on two players and then unleashed a furious shot from 30 yards out that was unstoppable
- David Dinkin (NL Raiders A) - scored a fantastic free-kick to put Raiders 1-0 up against Oakwood. "There won’t be a better free kick scored this season. Cut across the ball smashing it into the top right hand corner. Oakwood keeper didn't move"
- Adam Morrow (Tottenham Chutspah) - "went round three players and from outside the right corner of the box he hammered in a stunning shot in the top left corner. Was an absolute beauty which secured the points"
- Dan Linger (Maccabiah Masters) - "a superb team goal - Lazarus, Linger and Silver combined to tee up Dan Linger for a calm finish"
- Harrison Midda (Woodford) - "a worldie - beat three men to hit the top corner from 25 yards
- Tom Orr (Norstar C) - "may have got fortunate with his first touch, but there was nothing lucky about his stunning volley which dipped in over the goalkeeper"
- James Joseph (Brady B) - GOAL 1 - dispossessed the left winger near the halfway line before heading on a mazy run where he beat the full back and finished it off beautifully by flicking the ball coolly over the keeper
- James Joseph (Brady B) - GOAL 2 - through the middle, took it skilfully around the defender before lobbing the keeper from the edge of the area
- Dan Harrod (Brady B) - 30 yards out, casually lofted the ball over the despairing Blizzard keeper