0208 209 0195, www.afterdark-uk.co.uk As After Dark enters its 25th year, the brand is evolving. The After Dark shop in Temple Fortune, north-west London, continues to specialise in glamorous, full-length evening wear in sizes six to 20, plus elegant cocktail dresses. After Dark Plus, in nearby Finchley, goes from strength to strength with its eveningwear in sizes 20 to 30. April sees the launch of After Dark Party, exclusively for short cocktail dresses and evening separates, aimed at age 25 and upwards.
01923 850472, www.louisemarie.co.uk This bridalwear designer in Radlett, Hertfordshire, offers bespoke wedding gowns. You will be offered a couture experience, with dresses made from the finest pure silk fabrics, ranging from classical to contemporary.
Dress to impressBy Tamara Corin
Diary packed with simchahs but nothing to wear? It's so easy to resort to that old faithful at the back of your wardrobe with the addition of a new sparkly necklace, an evening clutch or diamanté shoes, but with so many gorgeous frocks to choose from this season, it's tempting to buy new. Sequinned flapper dresses, jewel-toned gowns, slinky maxis and stylish lace will be taking over the dance floors around the country, but there are a few dress-up rules that need to be considered before you reach for the bubbly.
1) Never wear white to a wedding unless you're the bride - or Pippa Middleton! It's the biggest no-no in party dressing.
2) Embrace the 1920s. Dropped waists and heavy fringing are hot news this season and flattering for all figures and ages. Think Great Gatsby.
3) Show some shoulder. This is the new erogenous zone of eveningwear. The focus is very much on your top half, so experiment with asymmetrical dressing only if you're small-chested or have yoga-toned arms.
4) Don't be scared to dress up. Simchahs are the perfect excuse to try out a new look. But don't forget to test the dress first, bear in mind you need to be able to sit, dance and stand in it.
5) Leave your pashmina at home.Choose a tailored evening blazer or a draped sequin cardi instead. It adds a glamorous modern touch to your dress, keeps you warm on cold evenings or in excessively air-conditioned halls and it's the perfect layer for modest chupah wear.
6) The final touches can make or break an outfit. Shoes need to be practical, but admittedly drop-dead-gorgeous too. Likewise your handbag. As for make-up, turn up your everyday look a notch with a smoky eye, or a bold lip, but never both.