● Make sure you have an addressable market.
● The idea must be something that others can't easily do/copy.
● When seeking funding you must have more than just an idea. You should have developed sophisticated algorithms.
● Is there a barrier to entry? You need to have patents filed for your product/idea to discourage others from copying you.
● Make sure your presentation isn't feeble. Coming in with 142 slides wont work. I wouldn't even look at them. You need to convey your concept in no more than ten slides.
● Know your competition.
● Prove your credentials, ie: Are you a repeat entrepreneur? Have you don't this before? Often the person is just as important as the idea, if not more so.