A faulty external light fitting is thought to have been the cause of a fire at Jewish Care's Redbridge Jewish Community Centre last week which damaged the main dining hall and large kitchen.
The fire started in the early hours of the morning and was quickly brought under control.
Jewish Care chief executive Simon Morris said alternative catering arrangements had been put in place and "we are able to continue running the centre's services as usual".
As a consequence, Clayhall Synagogue - which holds services at the centre in an area adjacent to the dining hall - had to be relocated to the gym.
The congregation was told on Shabbat that it would be back in its usual place this weekend.