When it comes to dressing, getting it right is not always as simple as it looks, even for a Princess. Knowing what to choose for each occasion can be confusing, whether to be dressed up, dressed down, or even spiced up a bit.
It all comes down to taste, proportion and deciding on the essential ingredients to create a winning combination. The French and Italians have a reputation for being the world’s finest. But this does not mean we cannot find inspiration elsewhere. Equally exciting are Asian-influenced ginger and lime or the deep rich purple tones of Eastern European beetroot. You can even search your cupboard to come up with designer dressings that will cause a stir, or should I say a shake.
The long, lazy summer months are a fabulous time for Princesses to try out new, exciting ways of dressing up their dishes (not that we need much encouragement to practise in the dressing up department).
I just love experimenting with new trends, combining nuts, seeds, fruits and even warm meats, but the real challenge is finding a dressing that complements my dish perfectly (nearly as exciting as finding the perfect summer dress to match the perfect summer sandal). Going naked is never an option, even if Gok is coming for dinner.
BLUEBERRY AND BEETROOT
● 50g blueberry
● 46g (1 cooked) beetroot, diced
● 60ml virgin olive oil
● 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
● 1 tbsp caster sugar
● Salt to taste
● Blend blueberries and beetroot with a hand blender.
● Push the puree through a sieve.
● Add the other ingredients and mix well.
● Princess Perfect for lettuce based salads, this dressing gives a rosy summer blush.
SESAME AND MANGO DRESSING
● 80mls sesame oil
● 2 tbsp mango chutney
● 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
● 1 ½ tablespoons caster sugar
● 1 teaspoon honey
● ¼ teaspoon dark soya sauce
● Mix all ingredients together.
● Princess Perfect for cabbage and noodle based salads full of fusion fun.