David Cameron has urged every Holocaust survivor in Britain to take part in a special event on Monday aimed at mapping out the future of Shoah education.
And he wants JC readers to help those who cannot attend to make a contribution.
The landmark event, to be hosted by the Prime Minister in association with the JC in north-west London, is expected to be one of the largest-ever gatherings of Holocaust survivors in this country.
Mr Cameron says: “We need to think about how best to remember, commemorate and educate future generations of every faith and none. We need survivors to help us work out the best ways to do that.”
The event will be led by newsreader Natasha Kaplinsky and will feature over 400 survivors putting forward their ideas.
Mr Cameron launched the Holocaust Commission to investigate ways to teach future generations of Britons about the Nazi genocide.
Today’s JC includes a consultation form, giving readers the opportunity to send their views to the Prime Minister.
A Downing Street spokesperson said: “We have had an amazing response since the JC helped launch the nationwide search for survivors last month.
“Not all the survivors can make it to the gathering but we hope everyone will take some time on Monday to fill out the form in the JC.
“If someone you know is a survivor — maybe a relative or a neighbour — please take the form to them to fill out.”
The Commission is chaired by Mick Davis of the JLC.
David Cameron’s cross-party, multi-faith Commission was set up earlier this year to examine Holocaust education and commemoration, with a panel of experts including politicians, celebrities and academics.