Virtually everything NLR boss Phil Peters has touched this season has turned to gold. And with Hendon chief David Garbacz trying to crank up the heat, Peters is sticking to his guns, showing tunnel vision.
Speaking after the vital 2-0 win at Lions Blue which sent L'Orange 17 points clear, Peters told JC Sport: "This is unknown territory for most of us so we're planning to ignore the Hendon mind-games and concentrate on what we're currently very good at - winning football matches."
BEST OF THE REST
- Jamie Kyte (LML Blue) - "The plastic pitch specialists lived up to their name and were a tough opposition to play against. We turned off twice and got punished"
- Tony Charles (Woodford) - "Today was a great opportunity to rotate the squad and try out some new things in a game that disrupted our outstanding league campaign"
- David Garbacz (Hendon A) - QUOTE 1 - "Woodford had their moments today and they shouldn't be too hard on themselves - they were unlucky to catch us on a really good day and I'm sure we will be meeting them again next year in the Premier League"
- David Garbacz (Hendon A) - QUOTE 2 - "we spoke today about the second half of the season officially starting now and as of now we are still unbeaten domestically in all competitions and there is a steely determination to keep it that way for as long as possible. L'Orange will need a lot of ice as their champers will need to be kept cold for about three months"
- Nick Kagan (Camden Park) - "We got a thoroughly deserved winner at the end which capped a dominate, motivated performance. Cue widespread relief"
- Ric Blank (Oakwood A) - "We played Faithfold 12 months ago in exactly the same round of the same competition and limped to a 4-1 defeat on a windy day at Parmiters. With largely the same players on the pitch, we showed how far we've come in 12 short months"
- David Gordon (FC Team B) - "We always looked a threat going forward and the big man/little man combination of Matt and Mitch worked perfectly – a bit like Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips in their pomp"
- Zuriel Solomon (Faithfold A) - "It is up to the boys to pick themselves up otherwise this season will be a disaster"