Three siblings are in shock after they saw the ceiling of the Apollo Theatre collapse on members of the audience in front of them.
Nathaniel and Maya Lightman had been treating younger sister Noa to the stage production of The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time as a Chanucah gift.
Their father, David Lightman, said: “My son called us as they were being evacuated from the theatre. He said people in front of them were badly injured and covered in blood. Like any parent, I felt a sense of helplessness and I didn’t like to hear my youngest so distressed. She’s still in shock.”
Mr Lightman and his wife Katrina, the head of English at the JCoSS Jewish secondary school in Barnet, drove to the West End from their Finchley home and sat with the 22, 19 and 13-year-old JCoSS student as they were treated for dust-inhalation in hospital. Around 80 people were injured.