There was a real Roy of the Rovers moment in MGBSFL Division Three as title-chasing Catford & Bromley Maccabi looked set for only their third defeat of the season. But cometh the hour, cometh Simon Wolfson - the man who popped up with a last-gasp equaliser against Boca Jewniors.
And what was so special about his strike, I hear you ask? It was the first goal he has scored in the famous colours of CABMA in 17 years. It wasn't top corner, indeed it was a little scrappy. But who cares!
- Nicky Woolf (NLR B) - some 25 yards out just to the left of the 'D' Woolf looked for all the world like he was set to whip the ball around the wall towards the far corner. Instead the striker struck a sumptuous effort up over the wall and down in to the top corner just inside the near post
- Jamie Weinrich (NLR C) - turned three defenders inside and out in the box before firing his shot into the roof of the net - a top quality goal from a striker bang in form
- Adam Lenz (FC Team B) - GOAL 2 - picked the ball up 25 yards out and smashed a swerving shot into the roof of the net
- Rafi Kon (Hendon A) - picked the ball up 30 yards from goal and let fly with an absolute screamer into the top corner
- Lee Greenfield (Harmen) - GOAL 2 - with the long assist from Big Jimmy, perfect first touch and brilliant execution from the unstoppable Lee
- David Khalastchi (Camden Park) - scored a rasping left-foot volley which was the definition of teckers