There were some real belters on Matchday 27 of the JC MSFL season, but the Jewish continuity aspect of this week's winner did it for me.
Andy LANDESBERG (Lions A) - "Paul Van Gelder and I played for many years together at Wingate, where we had a fantastic time, winning many cups, championships and medals, and most importantly forging an everlasting friendship. We can take the boys into the Wingate clubhouse and see us both up there on the honours board, just to prove we could both play the game properly. It will be great to have our boys our there, ironically at Wingate"
- Zuriel Solomon (Faithfold A) - "We knew Lions would be strong and were able to call upon five or six of their Saturday team but that just spurred us on"
- Andy Landesberg (Lions A) - "It was back in November I took over this team and we have come a long way since then, moving from bottom of the league to fourth, and now progressing into the final of the cup"
- Andy Landesberg (Lions A) - "Just off to Burtons to choose the suits for the final"
- Dave Lusman (Shirley Park) - "The chances both teams had in the drying minutes of the game could have sealed the deal, but it wasn't to be"
- Lee Fegan (Temple Fortune A) - "I asked for a positive reaction from the players and we got one. We played some great football on a pitch which was very bobbly but it didn't stop us"
- Josh Marks (Camden Park) - "Redbridge are obviously one of the best teams in Jewish football and I look forward to testing our ability against them again hopefully in the near future"
- Adam Hakimi (Redbridge JC A) - "Lions are a fantastic club and the biggest in Jewish football. But anyone that has witnessed an Essex based team in a final will know we have the fans that will create a party atmosphere!"
- Ric Blank (Oakwood A) - "Poor Mitch Young, with a broom handle, did an admirable job trying to single-handedly clear these swimming pools. Schocky stood by helpfully passing on irrigation advice ("Mitch, Mitch, sweep away from the pitch man. Carve a subtle groove in the turf allowing for a reverse flow of water. Create a basic drainage system and let the soil underneath breath"). Mitch took it well and passed his first module in basic land cultivation this morning we believe"
- Jamie Weinrich (Boca Jewniors) - "Special mention has to go out to Ricky Zeiderman in goal; he deputised for Ryan Monk superbly and reminded me of Hugo Lloris at times"
- Eilon Kennet (Redbridge A) - "I think its a shame that the main MSFL Cup will ultimately be decided by the availability of boys playing on Saturdays in the South Midlands League, but everyone wants to win the Cup Final"