Dating coach Jo Barnett offers her tips:
- It’s an obvious point, but make the most of your looks. Always have nice hair, make-up and never wear too many layers — it will remind him of his grandma.
- Spend time working out what you want from the date. What qualities are you looking for in a man? Narrow it down to three and you’ll recognise them when you see them.
- Always speak in a positive way. Don’t bitch about friends, your job or parents. If you’re in a negative mood, postpone the date. Focus on what you’re passionate about. You’ll lighten up and instantly appear more attractive.
- View the date as an opportunity to go out and have fun. You’ll both be less nervous.
You’ll instantly put him at ease when you smile and laugh a lot.
- It may sound corny but always act as a gentleman. Don’t be offensive. I’ve seen JDate profiles with men warning “Jewish Princesses need not apply” – we’re all princesses!
- A man needs to listen and ask questions. He must ensure that he’s not always talking about himself.
- Notice what makes her laugh. Humour is attractive, especially if you can laugh at yourself.
- Woman are first and foremost looking for a man. Jewish guys can often be mummies boys. They need to do whatever they can dispel that image.
- Women want a partner who takes care of himself. Before a date, have a haircut, wear a fresh shirt and always put on some after-shave.