Fourteen members of Paris synagogue poisoned
Fourteen Parisian worshippers were poisoned on Monday after their synagogue’s electronic lock was daubed with poison.
Members of the Jewish community of Bonneuil-sur-Marne, in the south-eastern suburbs of Paris, called emergency services to report a sudden strong burning sensation in their eyes and itchy rashes on their skin.
It is believed 25 firemen rushed to the synagogue, where they treated congregants and traced their condition to the daubed lock.
The substance was described as a “nonlethal irritant” and was sent to a police forensic lab for analysis.
The shul, which is under police and military protection when open, is believed to have been targeted when closed with no guard present.