JFS bus-abuse teen will have an Asbo until 2014

A teenager who verbally abused a group of Jewish children as they travelled home from school has been given a five-year antisocial behaviour order.

It bans the 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, from using the north-west London bus route on which the incident took place in November last year.

Last week, Hendon Magistrates’ Court imposed a series of restrictions on the youth’s movements in the London borough of Barnet.

He is banned from using the 183 bus route between 3pm and 6pm; meeting in public with three named associates; congregating in the London borough of Barnet with a group of four or more people; and using racist and offensive language.

Last month the boy was given a six-month referral order and told to attend panel discussions on racism and antisemitism after admitting charges of racially aggravated harassment and common assault.

The court was told how the youth approached the JFS pupils on the bus and called the boys “Jewish scum” and the girls “slags”.

    Last updated: 2:15pm, February 26 2009