Rabbis attack conspiracy website

Rabbis across the country have spoken out against a new antisemitic website which denies the Holocaust, calls Jews “Satan worshippers” and lists addresses of all UK synagogues.

The site, entitled UK Lockdown, lists various Jewish conspiracy theories and claims that Jews were responsible for the economic downturn, MPs’ expenses scandals and 9/11 attacks.

UK Lockdown, registered to Michael Samuel, living in Tottenham, includes videos and newspaper articles and refers to Jews as “the enemy”, “satanic”, “vampires” and the “devil mercy”.

It also lists the addresses of all UK synagogues, and states: “Synagogues are one of the many fronts used by the global Jewish shadow government to conduct their criminal and subversive activities against whichever host nation they happen to reside within, we must be vigilant and keep an eye on these people.”

Rabbi Jonathan Romain, of Maidenhead Synagogue, said that despite his synagogue being listed on the site, he refuses to feel threatened.

He said: “The synagogue details are in the public domain anyway and the worst reaction is to become fearful or to be bullied into acting less confidently.”

Rabbi David Lister, of Edgware United, said: “This site is threatening us but I don’t feel in any more danger. It joins the long line of people who are looking for someone onto whom to pin all troubles.”

The site also publishes the British Jews Wikipedia entry and says it is a “list of most of the Jews that occupy top positions in our country, some are very influential in many areas of our society while others in the list are not, at this stage of the investigation it is impossible to determine which Jews are guilty and which Jews are innocent so for the purpose of the investigation all listed are considered to be potential members of the Global Jewish Crime Network.”

Dean Staker, of north Finchley, came across the site when he was researching his family history and wanted to find out more about the Sephardi community in Leeds.

His Google search returned UK Lockdown as the first result.

He said: “I felt sick. I felt really threatened. What really concerned me was the list of synagogues. It’s a security issue and is there for anyone who wants to make trouble.”

Mr Staker, 42, has informed the Internet Watch Foundation, Jewish Internet Defence Force and the Community Security Trust (CST), which monitors antisemitism but said that so far he had not heard of any action taken.

A spokesman from CST said: “CST will do whatever it can to deal with this disgusting website, and we have alerted the appropriate authorities.

“This is a disgusting website, dominated by hateful conspiracy fantasies. It typifies the way in which the internet allows legitimately compiled Jewish lists, including synagogues, to then be used in a threatening and abusive manner.”

    Last updated: 3:09pm, November 2 2009