The suspected murderer of four Jews at a school in Toulouse and three French paratroopers has been confirmed dead in gunfire with police.
More than a day after French police surrounded a house in Toulouse the fate of the man suspected of up to seven murders is unknown.
Gunman Mohammed Merah may not still be alive, said Claude Gueant, France's Interior Minister. Police are understood to have entered the building, although Mr Gueant did not confirm that.
It has now been around 17 hours since police surrounded a building in Toulouse in order to take a man, suspected of killing up to seven people, into custody.
Yet despite earlier reports, Mohammed Merah has not been arrested and remains holed up inside. Police are believed to be preparing to storm the building.
The suspected killer of four people at a Jewish school in Toulouse escaped from a prison in Afghanistan four years before carrying out the massacre.
Ghulam Faruq , the director of Kandahar prison , said that Mohammed Merah was one of hundreds of Taliban-connected prisoners who escaped during a Taliban attack on the jail in 2008.
The man believed to be behind the murders of four people at a Jewish school in Toulouse on Monday is a 24-year-old with French citizenship.
The same gun used to kill three children and a rabbi at a Jewish school in France had been used to kill three French soldiers, sources have claimed.
At least two children from a Jewish school in Toulouse, south-west France, were killed this morning after a man on a scooter opened fire.
Four people have been killed, including a father and his two sons and one other student.
The father of the IDF soldier captured by Hamas and released five years later last October has given a controversial interview expressing a level of understanding of the terrorist groups' actions.
Noam Shalit, whose son Gilad was just 19 years old when he was kidnapped during a cross border raid, revealed his ambitions to become a Labour Party Knesset member in January.
As the ceasefire took hold between Israel and terrorist groups in Gaza this week, the streets of the Strip began to fill with people heading to a victory parade organised by Islamic Jihad.
The intense bout of rocket fire at southern Israel may be over, but Ilana Shemla-Laloum of Ashkelon expects to feel its effects for two years.
That is how long it was after Operation Cast Lead before her youngest daughter, now six, felt safe sleeping in her own room instead of her mother's.