Mumbai terror

Mumbai's Chabad hub back from dead

By Lawrence Joffe, August 28, 2014

Six years after jihadi terrorists murdered Rabbi Gabriel Holtzberg and his wife at Chabad House in Mumbai, India, the building has sprung back to life.

More..

Last remaining Mumbai gunman executed in India

By Sandy Rashty, November 21, 2012

The only surviving Pakistani gunman from the 2008 Mumbai attacks was executed this morning.

Mohammad Ajmal Amir Qasab was hanged in Pune's Yerwada prison in India, despite a plea for mercy from Pakistan.

The attacks on a Chabad house, hotels and railway station on November 26 2008, led to the deaths of 166 people.

Mr Qasab was involved in the attack on the main railway station.

More..

India Israeli embassy bomb: injured woman was on school run

By Jennifer Lipman, February 14, 2012

The Israeli woman who was severely wounded in an attack on an Israeli embassy car in the Indian capital on Monday was on the way to pick up her children from school.

Tal Yehoshua Koren, the wife of an Israeli Defence Ministry and a mother of two, was in the car on Monday afternoon when it exploded. The driver was also hurt.

More..

Mumbai terror victim's brother: 'I was waiting for a miracle'

November 25, 2011

The brother of one of the victims of the Mumbai terror massacre has visited the Jewish centre that was attacked and recalled the story of the killing spree.

This weekend marks the three year anniversary of the attack, when Rabbi Gavriel Holtzberg was killed at the Chabad house with his pregnant wife Rivka and four visitors.

More..

Mumbai killer's execution appeal to be heard

By Jennifer Lipman, October 10, 2011

The Pakistani terrorist sentenced to death for his role in the Mumbai killing spree nearly three years ago has had his execution stayed.

Ajmal Kasab, now 23, was the only surviving gunman of the November 2008 attacks. He was convicted of murder following a trial in which it was alleged that he had been trained by banned Pakistani terror group Lashkar-e-Tayyiba.

More..

Mumbai killer appeals death sentence

By Jennifer Lipman, July 29, 2011

The Pakistani gunman convicted of murder for the Mumbai terror attacks has launched an appeal to his death sentence.

Mohammed Ajmal Kasab was charged with murder, conspiracy and waging war on India. He was the only gunman to survive the 2008 terror attacks, which saw more than 160 people killed over a brutal three-day siege.

More..

Israel 'side-by side with India' in face of terror threat

By Jennifer Lipman, July 14, 2011

The Israeli government has emphasised that it stands with India in the "relentless struggle against terror" following the deaths of 17 people in a triple bombing in central Mumbai.

The attack, for which no terrorist organisation claimed responsibility, came less than three years after more than 160 people died during a terrorist rampage around India's financial capital.

More..

Mumbai terror orphan launches Israel's independence day

By Jennifer Lipman, May 10, 2011

The orphaned son of the Israeli couple killed during the Mumbai terror attack in 2009 helped open Israel's Independence Day celebrations.

Moshe Holtzberg, now four, was at the official ceremony at Jerusalem's Mount Herzl last night to light a torch marking 63 years since Israel's birth.

More..

Police not ready for Mumbai-type terror

By Jonathan Kalmus, January 27, 2011

The Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police told Jewish lawyers on Wednesday that British police were not prepared to deal with a Mumbai-style attack in the UK.

In the attack in 2008, Rabbi Gavriel Holtzberg and his wife Rivka were murdered with four other hostages and a total of 164 people when terrorists attacked three targets in India’s largest city.

But Peter Fahy told 35 legal professionals at an event held by Manchester’s Organisation of Jewish Lawyers that in the past few months there was “a heightened threat level of this type of attack in the UK”.

More..

'Mumbai man in terror plot'

By Nathalie Rothschild, January 6, 2011

Three out of five men arrested last Saturday for plotting a terror attack on the headquarters of Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten are Swedish citizens with roots in the Middle East.

One, the 29-year-old Lebanon-born Munir Awad, had been arrested twice before on suspicion of terror activities. The other two suspects are Iraqi and Tunisian citizens.

Jyllands-Posten reported last week that David Headley, who helped plan the 2008 Mumbai attacks, had been in contact with a businessman in Stockholm over the plot.

More..