L'Equipe taken all the way by Hendon C

By Danny Caro, September 4, 2013

3 - 4


Adam Glekin
Ben Glekin

Match date:
15 September 2013 10:30am
West Hendon Playing Fields
Laurence Thorne

L'Equipe came from behind to maintain their excellent start in a game of goals in west Hendon.

Hendon got off to a great start when a wonderfully crafted team goal saw strikers Ben David and Joni Kleiman link up before the latter sent Ezra Dulberg clean through on goal and he finished with aplumb.

However, the lead didn't last long, with L'Equipe's dangerous strikeforce causing havoc amongst the home defence. Hendon completely lost their way, and conceded four goals in around 15 minutes with some really sloppy play, much to the disgust of boss Adam Glekin.

L'Equipe played like a team full of confidence with a coolly finished shot from the edge of the box by Jules Bohm, a thundering header from David Prager from a Steven Black inch-perfect corner and two goals from a top-scorer Richard Fogelman - even with a dodgy groin he still managed to hammer home a volley from 10 yards into the top corner from an assist from Josh Lewis.

After another stern half time teamtalk, Hendon came out for the second half with renewed vigour, and Glekin himself launched the fightback with a sweet 30-yard strike.

The Hustlers were well on top by now, but had to wait until 10 minutes from time to make further inroads, Dulberg turning provider as he laid the ball into (big brother) Ben Glekin whose finish belied that of a man who hasn't scored for over 3 years!

Despite almost constant Hendon pressure for the last 10 minutes, they were unable to find a way through and were left to rue what might have been.

L'Equipe co-manager Dan Cordell told JC Sport: "If we had let a 4-1 lead slip to 4-4 I would have sent the boys back to synagogue to atone for what could have been a woeful sin. Credit to the lads they dug in and held out for a good 4-3 win - there are no pictures on the results sheet and a win is a win.

Hendon boss Adam Glekin told JC Sport: "15 minutes of madness cost us the game. I didn't feel like we really got going until the second half, and unfortunately we gave ourselves too much to do. Some real positives to take from the second half though, and we're looking forward to next week."