A Nightingale sang in Berkley Square as Redbridge march on

By Danny Caro, October 1, 2013

AC Mill Hill

2 - 3

Redbridge Jewish Care B

Ben Zloof
Mark Truman
James Castle
Sam Rank
Match date:
13 October 2013 10:30am
Referee:
Martin Lavender

Redbridge B maintained their promotion charge with Jimmy Castle, James Berkley and Sam Rank finding the net in the 3-2 win over Mill Hill.

This report could be written prior to the game as it ran to the same format of previous weeks, dominate, let silly goal in, score again and then hang on for a few minutes

Redbridge started with one change from last week with Castle replacing Richard Gold at right-back. Redbridge started brightly, Scott Oldstein seeing a lot of the ball early on and a willing runner from the through ball magic of Sam Sollosi.

It was from one of these moves that Redbridge took the lead. A great pass picked out Oldstein on the left, he cut in beating the full-back for pace and trickery and was then upended by the Mill Hill keeper. Castle duly stepped up and converted from the spot.

Redbridge were now playing their usual tiki-taka game and passing amongst themselves and shooting at will. It was from one of these that the elder Sollosi - Sam - almost scored a worldy with the outside of his right foot.

Just before half time, Mill Hill scored from their first chance with a set-piece tap in from a corner.

Redbridge came out with intent in the second half though Mill Hill also seemed a bit more up for the challenge. The game was essentially won when the ball was fed wide to Oldstein, he crossed a lovely left-footed ball and there was the brave Berkley to head home.

A third was added when the impressive Rank drilled home a low powerful shot from outside the box.

RJC boss Jon Jacobs immediately withdrew Rank as he was dizzy being so far up the pitch and used up my substitutions!

Mill Hill set up a grandstand finish with a goal RJC contested for offside with five minutes left, but Redbridge held on to deservedly win the match.

Mill Hill's goals came through Ben Zloof and Mark Truman.

So it's onwards and upwards for Redbridge. Delighted manager Jon Jacobs told JC Sport: "Mill Hill could have parked two buses, but we still had the technical ability to unlock them at the back.

"We like to make it difficult for ourselves, but we have now won 3-2 in all four of our away games.

"Opta stats gave us 98 per cent possession, we just need to work on the other 2 per cent. Another win on the road for Redbridge , we love playing away."

Mill Hill boss Joe Levy told JC Sport: "I felt this was our toughest game of the season so far. Redbridge are a top footballing side and have a lot of very talented players.

"I felt my team battled welll. We were a tad lucky to be level at half time and started the second half brightly.

"Two quick goals from Redbridge meant it was always going to be hard to recover and although we fought until the end, there was just too much to do.

"If we can keep playing as a team and improve on fitness we will only get better."

Man-of-the-match: James Berkley (RJC) - his balance on the ball is of a high technical nature, he got the goal his play fully deserved with a brave finish, but like all good players, he always seems to have more time on the ball and can pick a pass too

Related: