Baked gremolata mushrooms
Numerous Jewish recipes include almonds but this focuses on hazelnuts which are roasted to bring out their amazing aromatic flavour. This recipe is ideal for large numbers as it is straightforward to make and serve. Leftover gremolata is delicious on top of salmon, grilled chicken or even lamb chops.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: approximately 20 minutes
● 8 medium large flat mushrooms (preferably Portobello) stems removed
● Olive oil
● Salt and pepper
● 200g whole hazelnuts
● 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
● 30g finely chopped parsley
● 2 tbsp finely chopped lemon zest (1 lemon)
● Rocket salad
● Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
● Place the whole hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and roughly chop.
● Place the mushrooms on a tray lined with baking parchment and brush mushrooms with olive oil. Season to taste.
● Bake for about 10 minutes or until just cooked through.
● Combine all the gremolata ingredients in a medium bowl and season to taste
● Spread the gremolata over the mushrooms.
● Return to the oven for 10 minutes to complete cooking. Serve each mushroom on a bed of rocket salad. Drizzle with olive oil.