Recipe: Couscous salad
I love the contrast of the textures and flavours in this dish, If you wish, replace the feta with chicken or lamb.
● 250g wholewheat couscous
● 2 tsp vegetable bouillon
● 140g pomegranate seeds (1 large pomegranate)
● 1 x 400g can chick-peas in water, drained and rinsed
● 100g dry roasted cashew nuts
● 100g feta
● 2 tbsp acacia honey
● 1 tbsp balsamic
● 1 tsp dijon mustard
● 1 tsp soy sauce
● For the garnish: olive oil, balsamic glaze, coriander
● Place the couscous in a large bowl, and stir in the bouillon powder and cover with boiling water, ½ inch over the line of the couscous. Place a clean tea towel over the bowl and leave for 10 minutes. Separate the grains with a fork.
● In a medium-size bowl combine the balsamic, honey, soy sauce and mustard. Mix well until combined.
● Halve the pomegranate and deseed.
● Add the seeds and chick peas to the dressing and stir until well coated. Season with black pepper.
● When the couscous has cooled, pour in the pomegranate and chick peas and fold in until all the dressing is evenly absorbed.
● Sprinkle with a little salt and scatter the cashew nuts and crumbled feta.
● Serve drizzled with olive oil a generous amount of balsamic glaze and fresh coriander.