It may be icy outside, but in Hampstead and Hale, Stanmore and Shadwell, women's thoughts are turning to bikinis, espadrilles and assignations with a St Tropezmitt in preparation for a winter sun trip.
Style hunters will be seeking out swimwear that references 1950s poolside glamour, with sweetheart necklines, ruching, gingham and frills, or the geometric cut-outs and plunge necklines of the 70s and bandeau and one-shoulder shapes of the 80s. In cover-ups, kaftans reign supreme; short ones for the long and firm of leg; longer ones are better for cover and unbeatably glamorous for poolside lunch or a sundowner.
Find beachwear now:
● Rigby & Peller has a year-round collection of swimsuits and bikinis, including the Miraclesuit for smoother tums.
● Harrods, Browns and Matches all stock designer swim- and beachwear all year, in-store and online.
● BeautyLab Peptide Tanning activates melanin receptors to create a streak-free, natural looking tan. £20, www.beautylab.co.uk
● St Tropez Full Body Spray, £15, Fenwick Brent Cross (book on 020 8202 8200)
What to pack:
● Total Wardrobe Care Travel Kit with travel wash, floral water spray and drawer sachet in zip case (£15, www.totalwardrobecare.co.uk)
● Retro Swim Hats,and Haviannas, from £18, Fenwick, Brent Cross
● Dry shampoo for emergencies: Batiste, £2.99 for 200ml
● Nails Inc Porchester Square perfect for poolside £11, Debenhams
● 75ml minis of Charles Worthington Takeaways Frizz Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner, £1.99, Superdrug
● Best bags to pack or carry: Anya Hindmarch tote, £198, Selfridges; Simeon Farrar tote, £85, Liberty; Gold python finish Nicole tote, £395, LK Bennett