Fire repairs for kosher restaurant

November 6, 2008
Follow The JC on Twitter

Manchester kosher restaurant JS is to get a makeover after a fire destroyed one of its kitchens.

A major clean-up operation followed the fire, which forced the closure of the restaurant's second floor. It is thought an overheating oven sparked the blaze.

Restaurant owner Michael Issler spoke of plans to redevelop the burnt-out area. "We're not reinstating the kitchen but are looking at options to expand our upstairs function room and restaurant. We hope to begin redevelopment at the start of next year."

    Last updated: 3:43pm, July 3 2009