The Guardian backs down
By Stephen Pollard
April 23, 2012
I've just heard that the Guardian has agreed to post a correction to their diary story.
Having libelled me by implying that I lied to their reporter, they now accept they got it wrong and are about to post this:
"In a diary item about the presence of blogs by Carlos Cortiglia, the BNP's
mayoral candidate, on the Jewish Chronicle website we stated that the blogs were
still available on November 23. We went on to say that this "conflicts" with the
editor of the JC, Stephen Pollard's, account "that he became aware of
Cortiglia's blog and deleted all trace of it 'last September' ". To clarify: he
told the Guardian's reporter that "in September we were alerted to the fact that
Cortiglia had set up a user blog and the moment we were told, we blocked him and
changed [the] entire system". Mr Pollard has asked us to point out that this was
not meant to imply that all traces of the blogs had been deleted in September –
in fact the measure he took at that time was to block Cortiglia's access. He
ordered the blogs to be deleted more recently."
MORE FROM THIS AUTHOR
STEPHEN POLLARD ON TWITTER
- happygoldfish RE: David Ward blog post written by John Hilley
- joemillis1959 RE: Jonathan Freedland assumes the worst of Israel supporters....
- happygoldfish RE: Jonathan Freedland assumes the worst of Israel supporters....
- StevenKalka RE: Jonathan Freedland assumes the worst of Israel supporters....
- happygoldfish RE: Prof Hawking's cancellation due to health - not to BDS lobby