Making the case for the Bible
By Simon Rocker
October 11, 2012
It’s back to Bereshit this week as the Torah reading cycle begins anew. While the stories may be familiar, what has kept them fresh is the belief that there are always new insights to be gleaned.
And as a source of new thinking, Israeli author Yoram Hazony’s book The Philosophy of Hebrew Scripture comes highly recommended. “A paradigm-shifting work of immense significance,” says Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks.
Hazony argues that the Tanach has been wrongly omitted from the Western philosophical tradition of inquiry into ethics and understanding the human condition.
You can watch a preview presentation about the book on Youtube.
MORE FROM THIS AUTHOR
- happygoldfish RE: SCoJeC and Board of Deputies respond to Church of Scotland revised report
- happygoldfish RE: Prof Hawking's cancellation due to health - not to BDS lobby
- happygoldfish RE: MEMO 352
- happygoldfish RE: David Ward blog post written by John Hilley
- Rich Armbach RE: Church of Scotland pulls back