Gophing about to fulfil the commandment & save the planet
By Rabbi Aaron Gol...
October 20, 2012
I like the idea though that we do not know what this wood was. I like to actually think of it as extinct for this is harmonious with the theme of this sidrah, the story of Noah. Gopher wood was the material of God’s choice and provision by which the world as we know it would be saved. If in the process of the flood, it too was sent into oblivion, it serves as a reminder that our corrupt or ethical actions on earth, might determine whether we will preserve the earth and that which it brings forth for all-time, or render it into mythology.
Shavua tov. If you like the sound of this it will be in full at www.npls.org.uk asap
MORE FROM THIS AUTHOR
RABBI AARON GOLDSTEIN ON TWITTER
- happygoldfish RE: David Ward blog post written by John Hilley
- joemillis1959 RE: Jonathan Freedland assumes the worst of Israel supporters....
- happygoldfish RE: Jonathan Freedland assumes the worst of Israel supporters....
- StevenKalka RE: Jonathan Freedland assumes the worst of Israel supporters....
- happygoldfish RE: Prof Hawking's cancellation due to health - not to BDS lobby