Pears caught with its pair of pants down......
By Jonathan Hoffman
May 16, 2011
The revelation that Pears funds "Forward Thinking" which hosted a "suspected terrorist sympathiser" is hardly surprising.
Despite being among the most important funders of Jewish activity in the UK, Pears publishes hardly any specific information about who it funds and its funding decisions are concentrated unhealthily in the hands of one person. Its corporate governance procedures are severely lacking by comparison with analogues such as the Rothschild Foundation.
It tends to fund left-liberal causes such as the UK Task Force. Maybe Charles Keidan would like to explain why it is more important in the current hostile climate towards Israel to finance the "education of the UK Jewish Community about the problems of Israeli Arabs" than to give people the facts about Israel - such as that Arab women get a better education in Israel than in any other place in the Middle East?
Yet again we have hard evidence of a disconnect between the faux liberalism of the Jewish Community Leadership and the staunch Zionism of most of the members of that Community.
MORE FROM THIS AUTHOR
- happygoldfish RE: MEMO 352
- happygoldfish RE: SCoJeC and Board of Deputies respond to Church of Scotland revised report
- happygoldfish RE: David Ward blog post written by John Hilley
- happygoldfish RE: Prof Hawking's cancellation due to health - not to BDS lobby
- Rich Armbach RE: Church of Scotland pulls back