A shout at the radio moment
By Jenni Frazer
June 10, 2011
From The Independent, September 2003: "The fugitive Asil Nadir will not apply for legal aid when he returns to Britain to face trial, his lawyer has insisted.
Peter Krivinskas, Mr Nadir's long-standing solicitor, said that "rich friends" would fund his defence. "There has never been any question about legal aid. His friends will help him," said Mr Krivinskas.
There had been reports that Mr Nadir wanted the taxpayer to finance his defence. Although he appears to live comfortably in Turkish Cyprus, where he fled in 1993, Mr Nadir is a declared bankrupt in the UK."
June 2011: Asil Nadir is to receive legal aid. To the tune of £145 an hour. Stepping out of his Mayfair home... (pick up wires.)
MORE FROM THIS AUTHOR
- happygoldfish RE: MEMO 352
- happygoldfish RE: SCoJeC and Board of Deputies respond to Church of Scotland revised report
- happygoldfish RE: David Ward blog post written by John Hilley
- happygoldfish RE: Prof Hawking's cancellation due to health - not to BDS lobby
- Rich Armbach RE: Church of Scotland pulls back