By Jonathan Hoffman
November 16, 2009
Five things I guarantee you won't learn tonight about the all-powerful 'Israel Lobby' in the UK:
- It failed to persuade the UK to veto Goldstone in the UN
- It failed to persuade the UK not to start an arms embargo on Israel
- It failed to persuade the UK Foreign Minister not to call Cast Lead 'disproportionate'...
- It failed to stop the UK financing Breaking The Silence
- It failed to persuade most Labour MPs in 'Labour Friends of Israel' not to keep stumm when it comes to asserting Israel's right to defend its citizens....
If this is "one of the most powerful and influential political lobbies in Britain" then my name is Yasser Arafat ....